Follow Me!

Like what you read? Subscribe/Follow me to make sure that you do not miss out on any new posts :)

31 October 2014

DIY Planner (Part II) - the "software"

First of all, let me apologize for this late post. Hadn't been feeling 100% since Tuesday and had to rest so that I could handle the upcoming weekend.

Without any further ado, let's get into the very delayed post of DIY Planner Part II :)

This post will share how I structure my planner, where I get my inserts (free printable, of course!) and more :) The main reason for building my own planner will be to customize the planner to how I use it. I know that if its not the way I like to use it, I will probably let it become a white elephant. Thus it is important that I can tweak it to what I like to ensure the planner's "longevity".

First let's look at the dividers...

 

I have 4 main dividers as seen from above, namely
1) Events/Appointments & To-Do List
2) Blog Schedule
3) Stock Price & Invoice
4) Projects & Brainstorm

As the dividers came with the file, you can imagine that I am not over the moon with its designs (or rather the lack of it). As a faithful scrapbooker, out comes my trusty Washi tapes, patterned papers and stamps! I proceed to customize the dividers to better reflect the category that they are demarcating. My favourite? It would have to be the one for my Stock Price & Invoice divider, with the bar graphs :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I did mention that I intend to insert motivational or inspirational Project Life cards and these fitted in nicely with a piece of background paper into the hard cases that I have gotten. I use the file seal to create the filing holes so that I need not punch the hard cases. It can then be easily recycled to be used somewhere else if need be.
 
 
 
 

Next up will be the cases that I have gotten to keep all these barangs. I picked up another new pouch the other day at Daiso. Its the one with the red, blue & white stripes. A nice nautical feel :) This one is used to keep all my stickers and another small pouch.
 
 
 

So what's in the small owl pouch? This pouch was a birthday gift from a dear friend who totally encourages my "olwism religion"! It holds all the Washi tapes that I use. Not the actual roll itself of course but strips of it so that I could bring alot more and not feel the weight. I adhere these strips to either shipping tags or small plastic sheet, whichever is on hand then.
 
 
 
Last but not least, the trusty pencil case with an elastic band. In there is a blue and a black pen each, my faithful Kikki K multi-colored pen and an old school changeable coloring pencil.
 
 

Now, for the innards or the inserts rather :P I searched many and finally found a blog where they generously share their creation and not only that, they allow you to customize the inserts too by downloading their doc. version! How utterly magnanimous!

The website is www.philofaxy.com

The inserts I used are as follows:

Month on 2-page

Week on 2-page
 
Stock (customized to my needs)
 
Project & Brainstorm
 
All the above links lead you to the docx or doc versions of the files. This will allow you to save and makes changes and customizations to your needs. If you need other inserts or the 2015 calendar/weeks, you can visit the following links for them :)
 
 
I will be sharing how I use, update and decorate my planner in my next post. Meanwhile have an awesome weekend ahead!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment